Hope you all are doing well.
I am so excited! Can’t keep calm because festival is knocking at the door! Being a bengali Durga puja is one of the biggest, most colorful, most joyous festival of Westbengal. Ask any bengali about Durga pujo she/he can give you a lecture for a whole day!! 😜
Same way Navratri is celebrated among the other parts of India. I am not going to discuss which is the greatest one but I am going to share a series of festive look with you.
For the 1st day of Durga puja/ Navaratri I am going to keep it simple and short. We all will be tired of our work so for the 1st day a quick and simple makeover will be great.
I will be wearing a red top paired with a black jeans. Accompanied by a platform heel and a small earrings.
*Wash your face with your favorite facewash and then apply a toner.
*I skipped the moisturizing part because it is going to be hot and humid weather throughout the puja. You can apply a gel sunscreen.
* Apply a primer, my current favorite is Nivea men after shave balm! Yes, you heard it right. This after shave balm works as great as a primer.
*Always remember that you are going to sweat a lot. So choose your base wisely. I will suggest to go minimal with the base. Also right after office no one wants to spend hours in front of the mirror.
Weapons we are going to need
Creating the base
– I have applied nyx matte but not flat foundation. This is a water based foundation, so I found it perfect for the light base. Leave the eye area then blend the foundation very well.
– I am going to apply a concealer next, i am using l.a.girl concealer right under my eye and the places where I want to color correct.
– Lock the base with a face power. I have been using LOREAL matte face power for a long time. I love this product because this is kind of sweat proof, and lock the base for a long time, really long time.
Moving to the eyes
– I am going to do a very quick and easy eye makeup. I am using two colors from makeup revolution pallet.
– Quickly apply any light brown color all over your eyelid. Blend it well.
– Now take a dark brown color to darken the outer corner of your eyes. Slowly build the color.
– Select a light shimmer shadow to highlight the inner corner of your eyes. Done! We are done!
Applying the eyeliner
-As the eyeshadow base is really simple so I have done a winged liner.
– After drawing the wing, I applied very small amount of brown shadow to the lower lash line.
– Take a white eye pencil and line the lower water line. This is the game changer of this look.
– Complete your eye makeup with lots of mascara.
– Do not forget about eyebrows girl! Draw a outline and fill the gap with the color close to your natural brow shade.
Concentrate on lips
– I have kept my eye makeup minimal so a dark shade of lipstick will draw the all attention.
– I have applied Lakme 9-5 matte mouse lipand cheeck color, shade rose touch
– I applied a nude Colored blush from Maybelline. Without a highlighter your makeup cannot be complete. I wish I could explain how much I love my Makeup revolution highlighter pallet!
Game of hair!
– I like to keep my hair tidy and away from my face. You can simply make a top knot and leave the remaining hair open. You can tie your hair in a ponytail also. That depends completely on you.
* Before wearing your dress make sure there is no crease. If needed you can iron your dress too. The final look is here.
- Top- Rare
- Jeans- Bare denim
- Shoe- Catwalk
- Earrings- Mast and harbour
Hope you like the content. Don’t forget to share your opinion. Have fun and stay happy..😍
Like – comment-follow
You can follow me here also- https://www.instagram.com/soumi.laskar/?hl=en